The Mill Farm comfortably sleeps 8 and is ideal for four adults and four children.
- A comfortable larger sitting room with a log burning fire, TV, DVD player, books, games and jigsaw puzzles.
- A smaller quiet sitting room with books.
- Dining room with original slate flooring, inglenook fireplace with bread oven, log burning fire, dining table to comfortably seat 8 plus high chair if required.
- A modern kitchen, well equipped with plenty of china, cooking equipment etc plus oven, ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, toaster, coffee machine.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble drier, baby changing mat, iron and ironing board.
- Shower room with WC, hand basin and shower.
- A large double room with queen sized bed. This room has an interconnecting door to the larger single room but as there are two staircases access to the single room is also possible from the landing.
- A smaller double room with standard double bed.
- A large twin bedded room.
- A large single room connected to the large double (see above).
- A small single room.
- We also provide a travelling cot which would fit in any of the bedrooms apart from the smaller single room.
There are two staircases, one at either end of the house with two bathrooms off each landing. Both bathrooms have a bath, wash hand basin and separate shower cubicle.
Night storage heaters, panel wall heaters and two log burning fires. All three bathrooms have heated towel rails.
The house is approached by a 150m farm track and there is ample parking. There is a private and secluded south-facing garden and for meals outside there is a table and chairs and also deckchairs and a barbecue.
The garden is bounded by a small stream that can provide much entertainment for children and the fields surrounding the house are great for exploring and kite flying. Two grassy terraces at the back of the house provide an ideal spot to soak up the last of the sun with a glass of wine at the end of the day.
WiFi is provided, the router being in the larger sitting room. The signal does not always penetrate the thick stone walls to all the rooms in the house. Our telephone is programmed to allow out-going local calls and to receive all incoming calls.
Bed linen and towels are provided but we ask you to bring your own beach towels and linen for the cot. Electricity is included in the rates from the beginning of May to the end of September. At other times we charge according to meter readings.
The Mill Farm is a no smoking house and it is with regret that we do not accept dogs as on occasion there are sheep in the nearby fields.
You should be aware that the Mill Farm is an old house and when it was built, the population was a lot shorter! Our ceilings, particularly in some of the bedrooms are quite low and there are also some low beams and door lintels. If this concerns you please telephone and we can give you more detail. The stream which runs along the edge of the garden is only shallow but it is not fenced and could be a hazard for young children. The terrace at the back of the house has two steep drops at either end. These are fenced but again could be dangerous for small children.